Friday, February 28, 2014

Parting is Such Sh*tty Sorrow...


As you may have noticed, I have been silent in the blogosphere for a couple months. I'm briefly emerging from the shadows today to say that Mr. Duh and I have decided to end our marriage.

Even though the decision is mutual and this is ending as amicably as a marriage can... We've both been taken aback by how painful this experience is. The feelings of failure, embarrassment and shame are overwhelming. Anyone who has ever thought of divorce as taking "the easy way out" has obviously never been in this position. Easy is not a term I would apply to our situation.

We are spending the next little while determining how to divide all of the things we have accumulated over our eight years together and working out the physical/financial/emotional logistics of separating.

I'm not sure what will become of this blog, now that my misadventures through military life are coming to an end. That, and I won't be a "Mrs." anymore. Life does go on, though. After the grief and sorrow have been worked through, I pray that hope for a happy future can emerge.


13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this, but I am glad it is mutual and I wish you nothing but the best in the future! You can still keep the blog, your readers like you and this will just be a new journey! A new name and design and it will be like starting fresh again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend! I know first hand that divorce is not taking the easy way out. It is one of the bravest and hardest things a person can do. I am wishing you all the best during this time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear this! Sending you positive thoughts and lots of hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, thinking of you through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divorce is anything BUT the easy way out. Only those who have never been in that position tend to think that. I'm sorry to hear that it's come to this, but I'm glad you're making it as amicable as you can. This stuff is never easy, and the more agreeable you both can make it, the easier it will be. Hopefully you can remain friends in the long run, though perhaps not right away. 8 years is a lot to just 'leave behind' without at least friendship.

    I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn it! I'm sorry! I hope good things for you during this time... As good as they can be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this, Whitney. My thoughts are with you, and if you ever need anything, or just to talk, I am here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry, Whitney. I know this must be an extremely hard time for you. You've definitely been in my thoughts and I hope that you can take strength from the great support system of friends that you have...me included. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even imagine, but I know there could be nothing easy about divorce. Keeping you in my thoughts! I hope you hang around and keep sharing your life with us as it changes and you grow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I'm sorry. I used to work for divorce lawyers. Nothing easy about it. Wishing you the best during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are all praying for you hun. Life goes on. It is certainly tough, but we are tough women.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just wanted to stop by, even thought its been awhile and i'm not sure if you are checking this place much anymore...but still thinking of you and praying for peace through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete